As organisations grow... The content on its website also grows... This creates a number of headaches for organisations with 'static' or HTML-based website.
Problems with 'static' websites include...
- Need technical people - because even simple changes on static sites require special software and/or technical skills, they take time and costs money.
- Special software required - even though office applications such as MS FrontPage and Dreamweaver make it easier to edit web pages - users still require desktops software.
- Expensive and inefficient - updates can be expensive and/or time consuming, requiring an in-house web team or external contrcators. Or worst still... placed in the "too hard basket" and do not get done!
CMS solves problems and create opportunities
A full function CMS solves the above problems by offering a holistic approach to managing your website...
- No technical people required - your staff can now maintain your website, from anywhere with an Internet connection
- No special software required - a web browser is all you need
- Save costs and improve efficiency - take maintenance duties in-house without the need for technical people
- Security and control - assign different security levels to different users control the way content is created, updated and approved
- Business process integration - a CMS's database structure enables opprtunities to easily integrate other business processes into your website